Current preparation is a chromatographically purified phage lysate active against S.aureus bacterial strains.
The necessary condition for use of Staphylococcal bacteriophage is preliminary determinations of phage- susceptibility of bacteria- the causative agent of infections disease. The preparation is used only in case of sensitivity bacteria to the phage
(pharyngitis, tonsillitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of the middle ear) infectious diseases:
- Surgical infections ( infectious wound, infected burn, abscess, phlegmon, furuncle, carbuncle, paraproctitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis, panaricium);
- Urogenital infections (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis);
- Enteric infections ( gastroenteric colitis, cholecystitis);
- Purulent - septic infections in the newborn ( omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenteric colitis and others)
- Other Staphylococcal infections.
The staphylococcal bacteriophage is also used for prophylaxis, for treatment of post-operational and infected wounds, as well as in case of hospital staphylococcal infections, confirmed as an epidemiological indicator.
Mode of application and doses of Staphylococcal phage preparation during different infectious diseases.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage preparation is used locally only after appropriate treatment of the source of infection. The duration of phage treatment is 10-20 days. In case of relapse of disease, the course of treatment might be repeated.
- Against purulent-septic infections of upper airways, nose, throat, lung, hear ( pharyngitis, tonsillitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of the middle ear), the phage is used 2-3 times a day, using 2-10 ml of preparation by rising, gargling, dropping and plugging (duration of plugging 1 hour).
- Bacteriophage can be applied by application in infected wounds and pyoderma in newborns twice a day (sterile bandage should be soaked in phage and applied on infected/damaged area of skin).
There are no contraindications ever observed for Staphylococcal phage.
The use of Staphylococcal phage does not exclude concomitant use of other antibacterial remedies.
The Phage should be taken out from vials aseptically, by a sterile syringe. Opened vials should be stored in the refrigerator at +2 - +8C
Packaging and Storage Conditions
The preparation comes in 35g (10 Pieces)
Storage temperature +2 - +8 C
Shelf life: 3 months.
Conditions of release: Out of prescription)
Developed by: G.Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.