Pyo Bacteriophage Annotation
- Otorhinolaryngologic and respiratory bacterial infectious diseases (rhinitis, otitis, inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, pyogenic tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleuritis);
- Dermatologic infections diseases: pyoderma, furunculi, carbuncles, hidradenitis, deep infiltrates and abscesses,
- Surgical infections: phlegmon, bursitis, tendovaginitis, osteomyelitis, paraproctitis, purulent complicated wounds, burns with secondary infections, mastitis.
- Uro-genital infections: urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis.
- Gastrointestinal infectious diseases: gastroenterocolitis. dysbacteriosis (bacterial overgrowth syndrome);
- Inflammatory processes in the oral cavity: stomatitis, gingivitis and paradonititis,
- Eye infections: conjunctivitis and blepharitis.
- Generalized septic diseases.
- Various purulent-inflammatory infections, including omphalitis, pyoderma, sepsis in children (including neonates)
- Diseases induced by post-surgical complications.
Dosage and Administration
The highest effect is achieved when preparation is used at the onset of the disease and is are introduces directly to inflation's focus
- Pyo bacteriophage is used as a disinfecting agent for locally damaged areas by phage soaked bandage, as well as in liquid form in cavities wound cavity, abdominal cavity, pleura, abscess cavity, nasal cavity, urinary bladder, uterus, vagina). The preparation can be used orally, and/or by catheter, of enema.
- Phage for local use is applied three times daily, for 3-5 days. The quantity of phage is determined by the size of the damaged area.
- For Treatment of abscesses, pleuritis and arthritis, as well as peritonitis, 50-200ml of bacteriophage is introduces into the cavity every other day.
- In the case of cystitis and pyelonephritis, the phage is administered by catheter and/or orally, In the case of cholecystitis, 30 ml of phage is introduced by probe every other day.
- For the treatment of deep pyoderma, the phage is used intradermally (0.1-0.5 ml of phage once in 24 hours, in total 10 injections).
- For conjunctivitis, the bacteriophage is introduced by pipet, 2 drops per eye, 4-6 times a day.
- In the case of neonatal omphalitis and pyoderma, the bacteriophage is applied by soaked bandage twice daily 5-7 days.
- For intestinal diseases and dysbacteriosis, the phage is administered per as and/or per rectum. Per rectum, Pyo-bacteriophage is introduced by enema, after stool.
- Recommended doses of Pyo bacteriophage are as follows:
|Age||Per as / Per day||Per rectum/per day|
|Infants 0-6 months||5ml 1 time, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|Kids 6-12 months||5ml 2 times, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|Kids 1-3 years||5ml 3 times, 1 hour before the meal||20 ml once a day|
|Children 3-8 years||10ml 2-3 times, 1 hour before the meal||30 ml once a day|
|Children elder than 8 years, adults||20ml 2-3 times, 1 hour before the meal||40 ml once a day|
For children after 3 years old and adults, a glass of basic mineral water (or 2-3% of soda solution) prior to bacteriophage application is recommended. Bacteriophage application does not exclude the administration of other pharmaceuticals.
There are no contraindications ever observed for pyo bacteriophage.
Before use, the ampule must be shaken. The liquid must be clear, without sediment. if the ampoule/flask is damaged, or if the liquid is cloudy, the preparation should not be used. The preparation should be used immediately after the ampoule or flask has been opened. Once opened it should not be saved for later use. The use of pyo bacteriophage does not exclude concomitant antibiotic use.
Packaging and Storage Conditions
The preparation comes in 5ml ampoules, 10/20/100 ml flasks.
Storage temperature - +2 +8 C.
Expiration - 1 year.
Distributed without prescription.
Developed by: G. Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.